Have you ever wondered how to download YouTube videos? If you watch a lot of videos on YouTube, you may have some videos you’d love to put on your mobile device, or on a USB disk drive or CD to share with friends and family. Although YouTube does have a download button for a limited amount of videos, it’s not available officially for all of them. Luckily, a computer programmer has designed a program for downloading most YouTube videos onto your computer or mobile device for offline viewing.
There are in fact, a multitude of these type of programs, however many are ad-supported, installing toolbars or ad-supporting browser extensions onto your system. One program that does not do this is called YouTube Downloader HD. YouTube Downloader HD is able to download and convert videos to different file formats.
How To Install YouTube Downloader HD
1. Download YouTube Downloader HD, run and install the program.
2. Relaunch the program, and paste the link of the video you want to download into the ‘Video URL’ field. Note that the url must be exact, or else the program will not be able to find the video.
3. Choose the video quality for the download. Higher quality video may look and sound nicer, but it also takes up significantly more disk space and will take longer to download because of so. Note that if you choose a high quality option and it’s not available for the video, the program will try the next one down until it finds a video quality that is available.
4. You may select to check the conversion boxes if you want to. YouTube’s file format for videos is flv, which should work with media players such as VLC, however if you are using an older media player, it may not be able to stream .flv files, so converting to .avi may be a better option for you. .mp4 file formats are supported by iOS and other mobile devices.
5. Choose a location to save the downloaded video file to. Personally, I prefer to keep all downloaded videos in one unique location, such as My Videos, or My Videos\YouTube, but you may keep them in any folder you wish.
6. Click the download button and wait for the video to download. Once it’s finished downloading, you’ll be able to move it, and view it offline whenever you please.
According to YouTube’s Terms Of Service, section 5B, you may not download YouTube videos unless there is an official download button on the video page. I am not to be held responsible for any legal issues you may encounter from the knowledge gained in this article.